Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Down the Rabbit Hole I Go

Soon I will be on my way down the rabbit hole. Not that I expect my time in Oxford to be that much like Alice's time in Wonderland--I don't expect to meet talking flowers or a grinning cat or a mad hatter... well, I suppose metaphors can only go so far... 

But, just like Alice's, I do expect my trip to be an adventure--one that will allow me to grow as a person and experience new things. I have never been to England or any part of Europe so I am so excited for all of the new experiences and exciting discoveries I have awaiting me in England.


It is this potential for personal growth and discovery that made me think of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as I was brainstorming titles and themes for this blog. And the fact that Lewis Carroll spent much of his life in Oxford made the idea more fitting. 


I leave for England tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait for my adventure to begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment